Social Anxiety course
If you often worry in social situations about what others think of you, and find yourself wanting to avoid social experiences altogether, you may be experiencing ‘social anxiety’. Fortunately, we don’t have to get stuck with social anxiety forever!
In this course, you'll learn all about social anxiety and the practical skills you need to tackle it using one of the most effective approaches in the world, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT).Start course now
What you'll learn
- Part 1
- Introduction to social anxiety
- Part 2
- Tackling avoidance and facing your fears
- Part 3
- Mastering your new skills and putting your worries to the test
- Part 4
- Learning to spot unhelpful thinking
- Part 5
- Thought challenging and social skills
- Part 6
- Overcoming setbacks
How effective is it?
Most people benefit from each lesson completed and show greater improvement when they complete the entire course.
Randomised controlled trials and effectiveness studies prove that the tool really works.
of people who benefited substantially
of people report they were no longer troubled by anxiety after completing the course
Step by step
- 1Take a quiz
- Take a short quiz to understand how you're feeling and if you would benefit from a course.
- 2Illustrated stories
- Follow our characters as they gain some CBT skills and learn to look after their mental health.
- Lessons and activities you can download to practise the skills learnt in each story.
- 4Tools & Tips
- Additional activities and information you can download and complete between lessons.
What type of support will I receive?
The amount of support you receive will depend on how you choose to do this course. If the healthcare professional you are working with prescribes it for you, they will receive updates on your wellbeing and progress so they can support you.
If you choose the self-care method, you won't get support from your health professional. The self-care method is designed to enhance motivation and self-reliance. Provided you complete all six parts of the course, your results from the self-care method will be as good as with supervision.