Have you recently had a baby and are feeling low in your mood or unable to get on top of your worry?
You may be experiencing something called postnatal anxiety or depression. About 1 in 7 wāhine experience anxiety and low mood in the first year after giving birth. It’s far more common than you might think and both low mood and anxiety often occur together.
Fortunately, postnatal anxiety and depression is very treatable, and many wāhine who seek help can get better. This course will teach you practical skills to get on top of your wellbeing so you can focus on your growing whānau.Start course now
What will I learn?
- Part 1
- Understanding the cycle of low mood and worry and how CBT can help.
- Part 2
- Tackling unhelpful thoughts and uncertainty.
- Part 3
- How to face your fears in a gradual way, boost mood and confidence and overcome setbacks to keep moving forward.
How effective is it?
Most people benefit from each lesson completed and show greater improvement when they complete the entire course.
Randomised controlled trials and effectiveness studies prove that the tool really works.
of people who benefited substantially
of people report they were no longer troubled by anxiety after completing the course
Step by step
- 1Take a quiz
- Take a short quiz to understand how you're feeling and if you would benefit from a course.
- 2Illustrated stories
- Follow our characters as they gain some CBT skills and learn to look after their mental health.
- Lessons and activities you can download to practise the skills learnt in each story.
- 4Tools & Tips
- Additional activities and information you can download and complete between lessons.
What type of support will I receive?
The amount of support you receive will depend on how you choose to do this course. If the healthcare professional you are working with prescribes it for you, they will receive updates on your wellbeing and progress so they can support you.
If you choose the self-care method, you won't get support from your health professional. The self-care method is designed to enhance motivation and self-reliance. Provided you complete all parts of the course, your results from the self-care method will be as good as with supervision.